Volunteering at Moravian Hall Square - Nazareth, PA
Moravian Hall Square is a retirement community located in the center of Nazareth, PA. The community provides residential apartments, personal care apartments and suites, memory support care and skilled nursing care. There are opportunity to volunteer in all areas of care.
Volunteers at Moravian Hall Square assist paid staff in all phases of services given to provide quality care for the residents.
Over 11,000 volunteer hours each year assure our residents of the extra attention to make sure that each day is special. There are numerous opportunities for Junior Volunteers (must be 14 years of age) and adult volunteers (18 years and older) to provide service in this community.
Applications may be completed online or in person, followed by an interview with LaurIe Brunstetter, Volunteer Coordinator.
Appropriate Ages for Volunteer Opportunity
Junior volunteers 14-18 years old. Adult volunteers 18 years and older.
Special Skills that May be Required or Helpful
Ability to work with senior population.
Willing to undergo volunteer training.
Types of Volunteer Work Needed
- Assisting with resident transportation.
- Visiting with residents.
- Assisting in the Nursing Care dining room.
- Assisting at events held on campus.
- Bingo callers.
- Assisting with other resident activities as required.
- Working in The Good Spirit General Store, greeting and serving customers.
- Helping to maintain the beauty of the grounds. The community is set on 15 acres.
- Clerical assistance.
- TV production of in-house channel
- Converse with residents and their interests and yours
- Provide programs for residents or assist Community Life staff with programs.