Pepacton Natural Foods - Roscoe, NY
Comprehensive selection: natural, organic, local, gourmet. Discounts throughout the store are our specialty. Complete grocery including fresh & frozen meats, fresh & frozen seafood, cheeses from around the corner and around the world, a very broad tea selection including local & loose, a dedicated cooled room of organic produce, bulk foods, carefully chosen body care, household & pet foods, plus the best supplements in the world.
Lots of local: meats, trout, cheeses & fresh dairy, produce, honey & maple syrup, soaps & skin care.
Delicious hot GF homemade soup by the cup (always our famous chicken & rice "stewp" plus a vegetarian or vegan selection, which varies), fresh housemade organic nut butters (almond, peanut), homemade organic-filling pastries, wide selection of teas by the cup, and the best coffee for miles around, too. Coming soon: house-made sandwiches.
Browse our info section: lots of free magazines, brochures, and maps to help you choose among all the things to do and see here in the Upper Delaware River and Catskills areas.
2 steps up from the sidewalk. Apologies: no ramps, & this vintage building is un-retrofittable. But we're happy to help you get your purchases to your vehicle.
- Focus on local and regional products
- Extensive bulk foods section minimizes packaging waste
- We use the power of convection to keep our store cool - almost no A/C
- Wherever possible, the paper products we use are from recycled fiber
- All our paper and glass waste is recycled
- All food waste is recycled or composted
- LED lighting throughout the store
- In our 15 years in business, we've never bought a single plastic grocery bag: our customers bring in theirs from other stores and we send them back out with groceries in them until they're beyond another re-use!
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
We're a real mom n' pop: Laurie & Jack, married 35 years in 2016, and our grown/almost-grown kids, Stefan and Jade ("Mouse"). Laurie started the store in 2001 and keeps it all together, Jack makes the soups, nut butters, & pastries and keeps all the equipment running, and the kids supply, well, the Kid Power.
Pet Friendly Notes
Because this is a grocery store / food service operation, only service animals are permitted inside. But you're welcome to sit at our sidewalk tables with your pet. And just down the street from the store, Roscoe has a lovely riverside park where you and your pet can stretch your legs (please bring your cleanup supplies).
We're open 362 days a year:
Mon-Thu, Sat: 10-6
Sun: 1-6 (come visit after you check out the Roscoe Farmer's Market 10-2!