Mariton Wildlife Sanctuary - Easton, PA
The 200-acre Mariton Wildlife Sanctuary is perched on the steep slopes of Bougher Hill overlooking the scenic Delaware River. Hiking trails lead visitors through a variety of forest types and meadow areas that are home to abundant wildflowers and wildlife.
The bathrooms in the Nature Center are ADA.
Pet Friendly Notes
We welcome you and your pet, but ask that you follow some simple guidelines to protect wildlife and ensure the safety and comfort of all preserve visitors.
- Leash your dog at all times
- Pick up poop
- More than four miles of unpaved hiking trails ranging from easy to difficult
- Birds include Wood Thrush, Ovenbird, Black-and-White Warbler, and Red-eyed Vireo; summer butterflies include great spangled fritillary, silver-spotted skipper, and pipevine swallowtail
- Animals include red fox, eastern chipmunk, northern redback salamander, meadow vole, and milk snake
- Small meadows with native grasses and wildflowers like milkweed and goldenrod
- Oak-dominated forest on the north-facing slope and mixed oak/sweet birch/tuliptree forest on the south-facing slope
- Nature Center with library, meeting space, and ADA restrooms (open by chance or by appointment)
Mariton Wildlife Sanctuary is open daily, year-round, from dawn to dusk. The preserve is free-of-charge.
Free, thanks to the support of our members