Edge of the Woods Outfitters - Delaware Water Gap, PA
Located in Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, just two blocks from the Appalachian Trail, only minutes from the Delaware River and the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. We specialize in Delaware River Trips, Bike Rental, Pedal and Paddle Tours, Bike n Brew Tours, guided hikes, and high quality outdoor adventure gear.
Since 2007, we have been providing people of all ability levels with outdoor adventures they will remember forever. Our retail store provides free National Park maps and hiking information. The shop specializes in ultra-light backpacking, and is a popular re-supply point for Appalachian Trail through hikers.
Our bike rental program was the first in the area. We provide mountain bike rentals and tours on the Joseph McDade Trail, located in the National Park just minutes from the shop. This newly constructed trail parallels the Delaware River for 30 traffic-free miles.
Delaware River trips take place on the calmest, most scenic part of the Delaware River in the National Park. Whether you choose to canoe, kayak, or raft down this beautiful river, you will find that drifting is the ultimate way to relax and see the area.
Located one minute off Rte. 80 at Exit 310 in the Village of Delaware Water Gap. Minutes to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, bike trails and river access points.
About 70 Miles from New York City, via Route 80.
Areas of Service and Expertise
- Delaware River trips—canoes, kayaks and rafts
- Bike rentals
- Guided hikes
- Appalachian Trail backpackers shop
- National Park information
- Group outings
- Adventure tours
- Self-guided trips, overnight camping, and multi-day adventures
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Edge of the Woods was opened by Chuck and Rachele Cooper in 2007. Having grown up in the area, and being outdoor lovers ourselves, we are proud to help people connect with the 70,000-acre National Park at our doorstep.
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets are welcome in canoes, and on the hiking trails.
Types of Experiences and Trips Provided
- Delaware River trips, offering canoes, kayaks, and rafts. Family-friendly trips.
- Overnight river trips. Self-guided and guided trips available.
- Pedal and Paddle Packages.
- Bike rental and and bike tours. Traffic-free tours on the 30-mile McDade Trail.
- Snowshoe rentals and tours.
- Group outings.
- Bike and Brew tours.
- Glamping packages.
- Appalachian Trail hiking.
- Gear shop for backpackers.
- National Park information.
- Books, maps, and gifts.